Brrr! Who knew that Portugal could be so cold this time of year! We had one day off and we’re we blessed with beautiful weather, so of course we day tripped to the beach! The beaches here are absolutely breath taking and we are all so happy we got to enjoy it! 
Back to reality for day 6... 
WELCOME TO EVORA 
Our first day trip! Out of bed early and ready to explore a different city... Evora. As we a long journey we made it there and got to see more amazing sites and got to eat more amazing food. Our first stop was the São Paulo, the chapel of bones (which could be uneasy for some people that aren’t into that) but I found it exhilarating! And not to mention a beautiful chapel. Next we walked through the town and stumbled upon the (remains) of the Roman Palace of Diana. How blessed we were to get to see such a piece of history all these years later. We then walked some more, saw more amazing views and then headed over to the University of Evora. Manhattan College sure if beautiful but wow was this place magical! The tile and the stone work was incredible and it was something none of us will forget! After s long commute home we got rest because we knew we had another day trip the next day...
TOMAR 
Tomar was smaller than Evora...peaceful but more touristy. However, if I had to choose, this was my favorite visit so far. We got to go to the Convent of Christ and I have never been more speechless than that day. The castle was the most amazing thing I have seen in all my life. From the art details, the stone, the rooms and ruins everything was just beautiful. I felt a sense of peace when we were there and the view from the top was one I will never forget. My roommate and I stopped for about two minutes in every room or every new thing we saw just to take it all in. 
So far I have not been disappointed in anything I have seen (or eaten) but my food blog is coming! I am very blessed to have this experience to visit such a beautiful city. 

..... Sintra is up next! Can’t wait to tell you about the colorful city we will soon experience!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog